Obtaining a Dubai Commercial License
Foreign investors setting up companies in Dubai must follow several steps before starting any commercial activity. Also, there are a few requirements that must be fulfilled before submitting all relevant paperwork with the Companies Register for Company incorporation in Dubai. Depending on the type of activities to be carried, the Company must also apply for one of the three special licenses released by the relevant authorities in Dubai:
- The commercial or trading license
- The professional license
- The industrial license
What are the requirements for obtaining a commercial license in Dubai?
In order to apply for a trade license in Dubai, investors must fulfill certain requirements and follow a few steps. The first step will be to designate the main type of activity the Company will carry out and the adiacent activities that can be maximum ten per one commercial license.
The investor must decide on the type of business to be registered in Dubai, as one can choose among several types of companies. In order to obtain the Dubai trade license, the Company must be registered with the Companies Register. After this step, the documents to be submitted with the Department of Economic Development in Dubai and with the UAE Federal Ministry of Economy for the commercial license to be issued are:
- An application form where the Company name will be mentioned in English and Arabic
- The original lease contract for the Company’s registered address
- The permit issued by the Dubai Municipality Building Department clearing the use of the office space as a business address for the Company
- Proof of paying the fee for the issuance of the trade license
Based on these documents, the Department of Economic Development will release the commercial license for the Dubai Company.
Renewal of the commercial license in Dubai
A Dubai commercial license has one-year validity from the date it was issued and it can be renewed. A renewed trade license in Dubai has a four-year validity. In order to apply for renewal of a Dubai trade license, the following documents must be submitted:
- The original or a copy of the trade license,
- A copy of the office space lease contract,
- Approval from the relevant authorities, if it is necessary,
- Details of employees accommodation for companies with a foreign shareholder.
For complete details about Company registration and licensing, please contact our specialists in Quantum Auditing.