Open a Travel Agency in Dubai
Dubai is one of the most attractive cities in the world and a recognized tourism destination. Dubai attracted almost 10 million tourists until 2014 and in the years to come the visitors number is expected to double. The flourishing tourism industry also attracts foreign investors wanting to set up travel agencies in Dubai.
Steps to open a travel agency in Dubai
The process to open a travel agency in Dubai is not complicated, if all the necessary steps for registration are followed. It is also important to apply for the right type of tourism license when considering opening a Dubai travel agency. The following types of licenses are available at the moment:
- The travel Company license
- The travel agency license
- The inbound travel operator license
- The outbound travel operator license
Obtaining one of these licenses depends on the type of Company investors want to register in Dubai. Investors must also know that, in order to receive a travel license, the amount of 100,000 Dirhams must be deposited with the Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing.
The documents to be submitted for the issuance of the Dubai travel agent license
The documentation that must be submitted with the Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce along with the deposit is:
- An application form,
- Copies of the passports of the applicants and manager,
- A family record ‘khulasat Al Qid’ and copy of the identification documents for UAE nationals,
- A notarized copy of the manager’s certificate of experience,
- The owner and manager’s certificates of good conduct,
- A no objection letter issued by the Civil Aviation Authority.
Requirements for opening a travel agency in Dubai:
The manager of a Dubai travel agency must have three years of experience, if he or she has an university diploma or a certificate in travel and tourism, or five years of experience, if he or she only has a high school diploma.
In order to receive the travel license, the applicant must:
- Pay an initial approval fee
- Request the approval of the agency’s trade name
- Supply an insurance policy
Provide a lease contract and the blueprint of the location where the travel agency will operate.
The contract must be signed for at least three months and the office space must have at least 30 meters for each activity.
If you want to open a travel agency or any other type of Company, you can contact our specialists in Quantum Auditing for details about the registration process.