Opening a Company in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi is the political capital of United Arab Emirates. Globally, it is one of the most preferred offshoring destinations. Abu Dhabi accounts for 96% of the UAE’s total oil reserve; It also provides investors with investment opportunities in almost all sectors of the economy.
Opening a company in Abu Dhabi is much sought-after by both local and foreign investors mainly because of its transparent and flexible procedures of opening a company in Abu Dhabi. Contrary to other countries, opening a company in Abu Dhabi takes a few days. On the other hand, opening an offshore subsidiary branch of your company in Abu Dhabi is easy and takes a few days. Moreover, the United Arab Emirates encourages both local and foreign investors to set up companies in all Emirates. Abu Dhabi is among the most successful Emirates in the UAE. The incorporation of a company in Abu Dhabi is quite simple and fast. However, an investor is required to prepare all the documents and licenses correctly. Foreign investors may also incorporate companies in Abu Dhabi if they partner with a local investor, or in one of Abu Dhabi’s free zones which allow 100% foreign ownership.
We have dedicated specialists in Quantum Auditing who will be of great assistance to investors who wants to register a company in Abu Dhabi.
Steps to incorporate a company in Abu Dhabi
When opening a company in Abu Dhabi, both local and foreign investors must follow the following steps:
- Investors must obtain a trade name approval from the Department of Planning and Economy,
- Investors must sign a tenancy agreement,
- The investor should sign a partnership agreement or a services agency agreement which must be notarized,
- The investor should obtain a trade license with the relevant authority.
All the above, with the relevant information, must be submitted to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Abu Dhabi.
Types of companies that can be registered in Abu Dhabi
Foreign investors have two options of incorporating a company in Abu Dhabi. This can be a 100% foreign owned company with a free zone or a company in which local partner must hold shares. In the category of 100% foreign owned companies, an investor in Abu Dhabi may register the following companies in Abu Dhabi.
- A free zone limited liability company in Abu Dhabi,
- A professional services company in Abu Dhabi,
- A subsidiary branch office in Abu Dhabi,
- A company representative office in Abu Dhabi
There are also types of companies available for incorporation in Abu Dhabi are:
- Sole proprietorships,
- General and limited partnerships
- Private and public joint stock companies,
- Limited liability companies in Abu Dhabi,
- Subsidiary companies in Abu Dhabi,
- Company branch offices in Abu Dhabi
You can rely on our specialists in Dubai for more information on the Companies Law in the UAE.
Types of business license in Abu Dhabi
There are six types of business license for investors setting up companies in Abu Dhabi, these are:
- Commercial license for conducting trading activities,
- Agricultural license,
- Professional license for investors carrying out physical activities such as carpentry or masonry,
- Occupational license for consultants, lawyers, journalists,
- Industrial license,
- Tourism license
For information about company licensing requirements in Abu Dhabi, please contact our Dubai specialists in company incorporation IN Abu Dhabi and other information regarding Companies law.